This Reducing Food Waste video also includes:
The average American creates more than 240 pounds of food waste every year. Are there ways to reduce that number? The eighth lesson in the 13-part series covering Our Hungry Planet introduces multiple ideas for reducing food waste. It considers things an individual can do at home, things within a community, and even nationwide efforts to address the problem.
- Find out how much food classmates waste at school
- Research local food rescue options from grocery stores, restaurants, and farms
- Relies on prior knowledge of the scarcity of food in some areas and the limited space for garbage
- Links to many other high-quality resources
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes