This High School–Module 3: Food Waste lesson plan also includes:
Advances in packaging and refrigeration help keep food fresher longer. That's just one of the ways science is addressing global food waste. With the third of five lessons from the WE Are Innovators—High School Modules set, scholars use articles, videos, and discussion to thoroughly explore the issue. Then, learners develop sustainable methods to help reduce local or global food waste.
- Have individuals write an essay about how scientific innovations positively impact the environment
- Invite pupils to research career opportunities that address global food waste
- Requires a computer with Internet access and speakers, chart paper, tape, and several colored markers
- Includes helpful teacher notes throughout the lesson
- Provides several options and resources for exploring the topic further