This Food for Thought: Defining a Problem to Find a Solution lesson plan also includes:
Scholars approach a problem trying to plan a meal for a class party. They learn about the restrictions and must decide what information they need to plan the meal. The first lesson in a 13-part unit on Our Hungry Planet encourages individuals to find perspective and ask questions to gain insight.
- Extend the lesson by asking how much more challenging it would be if everyone in the grade level or everyone in the school was included
- Find out how much food waste cafeteria workers see every day
- Relies on prior knowledge of food allergies and compromise
- Focuses on the essential skills and objectives throughout the entire lesson
- Engaging lesson keeps scholars invested