This Municipal Waste Generation unit also includes:
Statistically, waste may become a problem in the future if people do not take action. Using their knowledge of statistics and data representation, pupils take a look at the idea of waste generation. The four-part unit has class members analyze and compare line graphs, determine a regression equation, interpret and build pie charts, and build stacked bar graphs.
- Provide class members a set of data and ask which method would be best to display the information
- Use the link provided in the unit to update the graphs and charts to the most recent supplied by the EPA
- The class should be familiar with calculating percents
- Provides several access points for the concept of generation of waste
- Includes an answer key for each of the activities
- Data is not the most recent