This Future Literacies: Crash Course Media Literacy #12 instructional video also includes:
In what direction is our wired world going? Scholars prepare to interact with the technology of the future using a video from a series that focuses on media literacy. The narrator proposes viewers keep a skeptical mind as they interact with artificial intelligence and ever-expanding social media.
- Take a quick poll at the beginning of class to see which learners are familiar with different types of smart technology, such as Siri or Google Home
- Use the resource to highlight the importance of responsible and smart media use
- The video is the 12th in the Crash Course series
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The explanation of algorithms is well-written and easy to understand
- Great examples help viewers relate to technology they may not yet have interacted with