This Media and the Mind: Crash Course Media Literacy #4 video also includes:
Media really messes with your head! Psychological scholars explore the tricks our brains sometimes play when presented with new information during a video in a Crash Course series discussing media literacy. Topics include false memory, brain fill-in-the-blank, and unconscious bias.
- Before the video, show a news clip of a current event and ask students to briefly describe any bias they sense in the clip
- Use the resource to help pupils gain insight into the role of social media in their lives
- Fourth in a series, the video assumes learners are familiar with basic psychology concepts
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Fascinating and fact-filled, the video provides a startling look at the inner workings of the human brain
- The narrator keeps the content light by interjecting humorous examples