This Viral Lysis and Budding activity & project also includes:
How do some viruses spread so quickly, and why do they make us feel terrible? Answer these (and many more) questions through a simple yet impactful lessons. Pupils observe demonstrations that show the two methods viruses use to escape infected cells, then relate the models to the characteristics of viral particles.
- Use the lesson to set up a virus research project to be sure everyone understands how they work
- Add the activity to a characteristics of life unit to give learners concrete facts about non-living viruses
- Make sure the class has Internet access—the worksheet requires an interactive for several questions
- The demonstrations are easy to set up and execute, yet guaranteed to leave a big impression!
- Lesson's structure makes it a snap to check for understanding at key points