This How Do Viruses Jump from Animals to Humans? instructional video also includes:
Can humans be infected by animal viruses? Pupils explore the phenomenon of viral evolution and learn about how animal viruses sometimes adapt to infect humans. They see how viruses are transmitted and what pathogens need to survive. The video ends with eight review questions to assess understanding.
- Have scholars research other examples of viruses and their evolutionary histories
- Use as a flipped classroom activity to introduce viruses to the class
- Requires some background knowledge of viruses for understanding
- Video is engaging and interesting
- Provides additional teacher resources