Dengue Virus leads to the deaths of around 25,000 people, mostly children, every year. Scientists understand how the virus gets into cells and replicates, but they still struggle to prevent it. Curious scholars view an animation of the replication process at the cellular level before learning about the translating process during the virus life cycle.
- Discuss how knowing about the life cycle of the virus impacts treatments
- Relies on prior knowledge of the spread of viruses
- Video available for download in both WMV and MOV formats
- Requires very little class time
- High contrast colors help visual learners