Oh no, there are decimals! A resource shows a method to solve a two-step equation that contains decimals. Using a process of clearing the decimals, the presenter converts the equation into a basic two-step equation with whole numbers. At the end, the video shows that solving the equation by leaving in the decimals results in the same answer.
- Lead a discussion on the pros and cons of clearing the decimals in an equation
- Scholars should know the effects of multiplying by a power of 10
- Assumes individuals understand how to change a fraction into a decimal
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Shows the arithmetic steps required to solve the equation
- Lists the steps of solving a two-step equation
- Assumes viewers must use a calculator to compute with decimals