This Perpetrators, Collaborators, and Bystanders unit also includes:
After the Holocaust, the world grappled with how to bring justice to the Nazis. But what to do with the thousands—if not millions—who allowed it to happen? Young historians consider the issues of guilt, collaboration, and responsibility using survivor testimony, primary sources from Nazi war crime trials, and secondary sources.
- Use primary sources to discuss why so many collaborated in the Holocaust
- Extend learning by asking pupils to compare the response to the Holocaust to the response to the genocide in Rwanda
- Resource is the ninth installment of the 11-part Teaching the Holocaust series
- Unit is a three-part plan
- Survivor testimony is rich and gripping
- Discussion questions are ready to use in class