Learners build skills for writing and solving equations with a video that describes the process for writing expressions and then an equation to solve a problem. The problem asks for the number of nickels and dimes needed given a set of criteria. Using problem-solving strategies, the instructor describes each step in detail.
- Follow the video with whiteboard practice to check for understanding
- Use the video on a day that requires a substitute
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Offers a clear explanation that highlights key vocabulary
- Emphasizes problem-solving strategies