This How To Work Word Problems in Algebra worksheet also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Your algebra learners will pick up some solid algebra problem solving skills and a plan of approach for some typical types of word problems in this scripted worksheet that shows how to set up and organize each type of problem, create the equation(s), and solve the problem. Real-life ideas about age, numbers, distance rate, trains, mixtures, and coins are all addressed.
- In a flipped classroom, assign this worksheet as homework before class and follow up with practice problems in class to assess student needs and questions
- Encourage learners to explain their work on each problem in a way similar to the examples; you can use some of their work to support pupils who need more examples.
- Includes step-by-step setup to solving algebra word problems
- Provides practice problems and solutions
- Comes with summary facts of how to solve an algebra equation