School subjects connect when your young scholars use math to edit English. Math allows you to convert an entire paragraph into a simple equation or inequality. Examples encourage learners to write expressions, equations, and inequalities to represent and solve problem situations.
- Challenge your classes to solve each example without instruction, and discuss different strategies
- Review key words that may help to write equations such as difference, total, is, quotient, etc.
- Your classes will most likely find problem solving intimidating, so provide class time to work on practice problems to allow opportunities for support
- The lesson represents the 19th in a 20-part series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses a variety of examples that use different operations and methods of solving
- Provides problem-solving strategies and hints
- Examples are all multiple choice questions while the practice problems are all open-ended