This The Science of Marijuana—How THC Affects the Brain lesson plan also includes:
Marijuana can affect every part of a user's life—starting with the delicate nervous centers of the brain. An informative article and worksheet prompt teenagers to learn more about how the THC found in most forms of marijuana can undermine critical thinking, motor skills, and memory, as well as other brain functions.
- Create an interdisciplinary unit between language arts and science, or language arts and health
- Have class members conduct additional research on ways that marijuana affects the rest of the body
- Does not require prior knowledge of the brain or the nervous system
- Includes multiple versions of student materials, both electronic and printable
- Applicable to any health or anatomy curriculum