This How Sugar Affects the Brain video also includes:
Attention, sugar addicts! Here's why you can't quit the habit. Sweet taste receptors send a signal to the brain, which activates a reward system that responds by telling you to eat again. Over activating this reward system results in a lowered tolerance, and therefore increased amounts to get the same effect. Find out how dopamine levels in the brain are spiked by watching this film that will enrich your biology or health curriculum.
- A loaded, high-interest topic
- Assessment and discussion questions provided
- Additional resources about the addictive nature of sugar
- Narrator sounds like a teen, making it more relatable to your class
- Attractive and colorful graphic animation