This Marijuana: Breaking Down the Buzz lesson plan also includes:
Teenagers get the real information about marijuana use based on the history of tobacco legislation and research. As they read an educational passage about marijuana laws, science, and changing attitudes, they address their preconceptions with a set of discussion questions and writing prompts.
- Assign the interactive version of the reading passage for class members to read on individual tablets or in the computer lab
- Connect the reading assignment to a language arts lesson for a cross-curricular activity
- Be sure that materials reflect the most up-to-date legislation regarding marijuana use
- Provides reading and writing accommodations for different grade levels, including a reading passage written for a lower reading level
- Compares tobacco and marijuana use
- Comes with all necessary materials, which meet section 508 accessibility guidelines