This Social Media Education lesson plan also includes:
Show what you know about social media! The 16th and final lesson in The Social Media Toolbox gives pupils the opportunity to share their social media experiences with their school communities. Groups identify the most important messages, then create activities to spread the word about responsible social media use.
- Work with administrators to develop a social media education week at your school and have the class implement their activities to publicize it
- Enlist the help of parents and community leaders in planning and executing the outreach
- Timing of the lesson varies depending upon the complexity of the activities the students develop
- Assesses learners on their big-picture understanding of responsible social media practices rather than on small chunks
- The lesson encourages creativity and community involvement