Is this method better, or this one? Given a quotient of expressions that involve negative exponents, the narrator of a short video works through two methods of simplification. The first method relies on positive exponents, while the second relies on the properties of negative exponents. Pupils determine the method that works best for them.
- Require the class to list the property for each step they perform
- Provide a few properties and have class members create a problem that uses those properties when being simplified
- Individuals should be familiar with the properties of exponents
- Calls out the name of the property of exponents when using them
- Includes a list of the exponent rules