Why does an exponent of zero result in a value of one? Give your classes a concrete explanation for this property that many struggle to remember. A video lesson provides an explanation and provides examples of exponential expressions with an exponent of zero.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework; use class time for practice
- Create a graphic organizer to record all exponent properties with examples
- Requires a basic understanding of positive and negative integer exponents
- Addresses key misconceptions
- Instructor explains the mathematics that supports the property