Which method works best for you? Using a product, an informative video shows two methods to simplify the resulting expression. One method starts by rewriting the expression with only positive exponents. The other method uses the traditional method of clearing the parentheses and exponents first. Pupils review each method and determine for themselves which is easier.
- Lead a discussion on which method is most comfortable for each class member
- As a group, determine whether there are any other methods that work
- The class should be familiar with the exponent rules
- Part of a larger series of Algebra I videos
- Contains a graphic of the exponent properties
- Includes all the steps, making it easy to follow along