This Latinos at the Ballot Box lesson plan also includes:
Latinx people have had a profound effect on voting patterns, going back to the 1950s. Using video clips from the PBS series "Latino Americans," scholars work to assemble a timeline of the interesting history. Then, pupils consider the myth versus reality of the Latino vote in recent elections, such as that of Barack Obama.
- Use lesson in conjunction with Hispanic Heritage Month
- Extend the lesson by researching current voting trends of Latino Americans
- Part of the Latinx Americans series from PBS
- Links to resources include a vast array of videos and ideas for graphic organizers
- Video clips are engaging for learners
- Some material may need updating since the 2016 elections