This Inverse Functions: Definition of Inverse Functions interactive also includes:
Is the inverse of a function also a function? Pupils manipulate the graph of a function to view its inverse to answer this question. Using a horizontal and vertical line, class members determine whether the initial function is one-to-one, while at the same time checking to see if the inverse is a function. They use that information to determine whether given functions are one-to-one.
- Use the definition of one-to-one to explain why a horizontal line test works to determine whether a function is one-to-one or not
- Individuals should understand that inverses are reflections across the y = x line.
- Users must sign up for a free CK-12 login account
- Individuals can view the correct answer if they need to
- The supplemental material includes additional examples and problems