Apply decimal operations to solving equations. Learners first observe two examples of one-step linear equations being solved. They then watch as each equation is solved by either adding or subtracting decimals using strategies they already know.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Include decimal problems along with whole number problems when teaching how to solve one-step equations
- Requires the class to be comfortable adding and subtracting with decimals
- Assumes understanding of the process of solving equations using inverse operations
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Uses colors to highlight the arithmetic in the solving
- Checks the solutions using a calculator