This Existence: One-to-One Functions and Inverses interactive also includes:
One-to-one means the answer is simple, right? Given four graphs, pupils use a vertical line to test each graph to find out if they are one-to-one. By using the resource, learners realize that not all one-to-one relations are functions. They then look at one-to-one correspondence and inverse functions using sets of ordered pairs.
- Lead a discussion on why the horizontal line test can be used to determine whether a function is one-to-one
- Have class members create function tables that are invertible
- Requires signing up for a free login account to access the CK-12 interactive
- Provides feedback for some of the challenge questions about the correct answer
- Contains other examples and problems in the additional materials