This High Five: Go to Press unit also includes:
High school scholars learn valuable information about how to run a newspaper in the third and final installment of a media literacy series. The unit scaffolds learners to success with background information before they plan for publication, helping your class develop a newspaper of their own!
- Consider inviting a representative from the local paper to speak to your class
- Consider creating stations for journalists to demonstrate various roles in the writing processes before publication
- Resource requires teachers to pass out a class set of newspapers for some of the lessons; make sure these materials are available
- Includes rubrics to help with grading
- Material within lesson directly relates to real-life career experiences