This Food Is Fuel video also includes:
Which has more calories, a cupcake or a rat? The odd question grabs pupils' attention as they learn about food as fuel in an intriguing installment of the PBS food science playlist. The video explains how scientists use a bomb calorimeter to determine the amount of energy stored in food. It also discusses how the digestive systems of humans and rats fuel the body.
- Add vocabulary words from the crossword puzzle to student science journals
- Some young scientists may be bothered by watching a python eat a rat
- Available for download or streaming
- Video available in English and Spanish with closed captioning in both
- Provides discussion questions, tips for increasing student engagement, and teaching connections under support materials