This Freshwater Food Chains lesson plan also includes:
What's in the water? Encourage your class to further explore this question and learn about pond ecosystems, food chains, and food webs as they complete this hands-on activity. They view the environment from a new perspective after exploring microscopic organisms present in local water samples and how their presence affects our food chain.
- Assist class members as they create a visual representation of the food web observed in their individual pond water samples
- Facilitate a group discussion on the similarities and differences of terrestrial and marine food webs while providing the opportunity for a Q&A session
- Ensure gloves are worn to decrease potential of pathogen exposure
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Learners have the opportunity to relate the current activity to present and future environmental issues
- May be differentiated and easily adapted as needed