Our relationship with toxins is, well, a little toxic. Explore how harmful substances work their way throughout the environment with a video from an expansive biology playlist. Topics include DDT and mercury, trophic levels, and water pollution.
21 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Set the stage for the lesson by playing Big Yellow Taxi, discussed in the video
- Make the video a wrap-up of a food webs unit to help the class understand how toxins are passed between organisms
- Make sure pupils understand trophic levels, as they are discussed throughout the resource
- The video takes a kid-friendly look at a very serious topic
- Illustrated food webs show viewers how substances such as DDT affect ecosystems