A crystal, the size of a grain of sand, of botulinum can kill 9,600 people. Viewers learn more about the five deadliest natural substances based on their ability to kill quickly with a video that also explains how these substances are derived from many sources and have various side effects, all of which are discussed.
- Research Mathieu Orfila, the founder of the science of toxicology
- Draw a Venn Diagram of mushrooms dividing by safe, deadly, and somewhere in between
- Remember comments are open to the public and can be filled with people denying science or suggesting ways to obtain these substances illegally
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Provides closed captioning in Chinese (Taiwan), English, and Portuguese
- Explains that many of these toxins are found in things we are familiar with such as honey, apple seeds, and mushrooms