This Understanding How Digital Information Comes to You lesson plan also includes:
Google, Yahoo!, Bing ... so many choices, so little time! Using the resource, scholars explore how different search engines affect the way they find information. After reading a handout on the topic and engaging in small group discussions, pupils create advertisements explaining why their favorite search engines are better than others.
- Include pictures and translations of lesson vocabulary to support English learners
- Have individuals research a specialty search engine and report on their findings
- Requires advance preparation to create a search engine results packet for students
- Requires computers with internet access
- Includes a list of external links
- Provides lesson objectives and essential questions