This Search Boosters: How Content Creators Can Game the System lesson plan also includes:
Scholars examine the techniques content creators use to boost their search rankings. After watching a short "Search Boosters" video, groups select a story from the "News or Noise? Media Map" and analyze the devices used in the story. The final discussion centers around whether or not search engines should work to make it harder to "game the system."
- Enlarge, color print, and post the "Search Boosters" infographic
- Requires copies of three worksheets for each pupil
- Groups must have access to devices with internet for research and to a publishing tool like Google Docs
- The activity encourages researchers to look beyond the first page of search results
- Includes a completed worksheet to use as a model