This The School Lunch Program and the Federal Government interactive also includes:
The school lunch program is rooted in the struggles of the Great Depression and is still assisting families today. Academics research documents and images relating to the creation of the school lunch program. Scholars use a worksheet to help them analyze the documents and complete short written prompts. The activity also includes group discussion to give class members a chance to discuss what they learned and to reinforce concepts.
- Compare the school lunch program to other government reforms
- Guide a group discussion on the benefits of the school lunch program
- The resource includes an online component
- The activity includes additional resources to enhance learning
- Resource uses primary sources to help engage pupils