This The Last Banana: A Thought Experiment in Probability video also includes:
Your learners will be surprised by the thought-provoking, counterintuitive puzzle presented in this short video that models a fun, fictional situation in which a game is played with two number cubes to decide which of two people wins a prize. Theoretical probability is used to show who has the best chance of winning the game with a surprising result.
- Encourage learners to create their own game in which theoretical probability can be used to predict the winner
- Have games of chance, like Yahtzee and various card games, on hand to play for fun, and to extend the discussion of theoretical probable winners
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Additional links to study probability are included, i.e. an online interactive spinner
- Includes a guided discussion and an open discussion
- Short, simple video