This Chance of Rain assessment also includes:
Will it rain during the weekend? Pupils become meteorologists for a day as they use the assessment to determine the chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday. Class members interpret the weather statements as they pertain to probabilities and explain why it does not make sense to add the probabilities to arrive at the chance of rain for the weekend.
- Use as an alternative or follow-up assessment to Chance of Survival
- Give the class the diagram and have them calculate the percentages
- Expects class members to have a good conceptual understanding of conditional probability
- Extension goes beyond a conceptual understanding of probability
- Rubric incorporates the possibility to receive partial credit
- Answer key has an incorrect diagram for the Sunday display