This Tangent Lines and the Tangent Function lesson plan also includes:
Construct tangent lines and make the connection to tangent functions. An informative lesson reviews the geometry origins of the tangent function. Pupils use that information to determine how to construct a tangent to a circle from a given point in the fifth part in a unit of 16.
- Let individuals use geometry software to create the constructions
- Review the relationship between all six of the tangent functions
- Class should be familiar with basic constructions
- Answer keys use color to highlight the constructions
- Lesson connects the functions to geometry