This Why Call It Tangent? lesson plan also includes:
Discover the relationship between tangent lines and the tangent function. Class members develop the idea of the tangent function using the unit circle. They create tables of values and explore the domain, range, and end behavior of the function. This is the sixth in a 19-part series.
- Begin with a review of using the unit circle to determine sine and cosine values
- Use to introduce learners to the tangent function and its graph
- Pupils should be familiar with the unit circle and the sine and cosine functions
- The sixth in a 19-part series
- Guides scholars to discover the significance of the name of the tangent function
- Provides opening and closing exercises with answer keys