This Graphing the Tangent Function lesson plan also includes:
Help learners discover the unique characteristics of the tangent function. Working in teams, pupils create tables of values for different intervals of the tangent function. Through teamwork, they discover the periodicity, frequency, and characteristics of the graph.
- Ask learners to use the unit circle to graph several periods of the tangent function
- Pupils need graph paper, markers, and a scientific calculator to complete the activity
- Assumes an understanding of the unit circle and graphs of the sine and cosine functions
- Makes a connection between the graph and trigonometric identities
- Practice problems include different transformations of the tangent function