This Calculus AB/BC - Defining the Derivative of a Function and Using Derivative Notation ap test prep also includes:
Pupils learn how to find the derivative of a function by applying the definition using limits. Learners understand that the derivative provides the slope of the tangent line and use that information to find the equation of the tangent line at a given point on a graph. Scholars use the worksheet to practice the skill in the second of eleven lessons in Unit 2.
- Use the performance on the first worksheet to create groups for additional instruction on finding the derivatives
- Assumes individuals have knowledge of limits
- Pupils should be very comfortable with generating equivalent expressions
- Includes answer keys
- Contains additional practice for struggling learners
- Provides an interactive to see how the slope of the tangent line is determined graphically