This Rectangle Space video also includes:
Take a coordinated look at rectangles. The task asks pupils to plot the length and width of created triangles in the coordinate plane. Using their plots, scholars respond to questions about rectangles and their associated points on the plane. Learners think about the plot of points of rectangles with given perimeters and areas.
- Use the task within groups, having each member generate a different set of rectangles
- The class should be able to accurately define a rectangle
- Expects individuals know how to graph points and determine equations of lines
- Includes a description and a graph of rectangle space
- Contains suggestions for extensions to the task