This Plasma Membrane – Gateway to the Cell presentation also includes:
Just as skin covers your body limiting what can go in and out, plasma membranes cover cells to do the same. Scholars begin with a presentation that gives overview of the structure and function of plasma membranes. Then, they learn how cell membranes control what goes in and out of a cell. A worksheet, online animations, and flashcard game reinforce the content using multiple learning styles.
- Have pupils create a data table comparing the different methods of transport across cell membranes
- Relies on a general understanding of the functions and structures of cells
- Animations require Adobe Flash Player
- Gives teachers the option and ability to edit
- Support materials help adjust the lesson to many different classroom situations