Without the cell membrane, our cells just couldn't keep it together! What else does this multifunctional membrane do? Take a deeper look at the fluid mosaic model using a video from an expansive biology playlist. Topics include embedded structures in the membrane and cellular transport.
- Perform the tried-and-true egg lab after watching the video
- Use the video to highlight the cell membrane in an organelles lesson
- Take some time to review cellular organelles before starting the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The descriptions of the fluid mosaic model are spot-on
- Engaging analogies help pupils relate to the content