How in the world is a musk oxen like a phospholipid? Learners see the fluid mosaic model and all of its complex parts: phospholipids, proteins, glycoproteins, glycolipids, and cholesterol. The video then focuses on the phospholipid's and protein's role in keeping material in and out of the cell and to maintain its fluidity.
- Give learners a fluid mosaic model drawing on which they can take notes
- After the video, have learners explain the analogy between cell membranes and musk oxen
- Must have a computer, Internet access, and a projection system
- Part 33 in a series of 37
- Relates musk oxen to a phospholipid
- Provides a complex drawing of cell membrane, but the focus is on phospholipids and proteins so as not to overwhelm learners