This Once Upon a Dime: Middle School Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
Once Upon a Dime ... a group of middle schoolers wanted to learn about economics! Teach them complex economic concepts like supply and demand through a resource that effectively simplifies the explanations. Pupils work through various exercises that include using a business plan, asking short answer questions, and filling out graphic organizers.
- Differentiate for English learners by providing fill-in-the-blank answers for each handout
- Requires providing scholars with six different handouts either digitally or printed
- Expects teachers to show "Once Upon A Dime" cartoon during the lesson
- Uses various exercises to help solidify learning from the cartoon and to elaborate on those concepts in more detail
- Asks open-ended questions that get students thinking critically