This Where the Red Fern Grows: Question Answer Response Strategy lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
What makes a good question? Middle schoolers explore the use of questioning through QAR, the question answer response strategy, while reading Where the Red Fern Grows. They learn about the four types of questions: right there, think and search, on your own, and author and you. The lesson plan also has the class collaboratively discuss and share answers—a great strategy for all types of text!
- Appoint various small groups within the class to lead discussions about each section of the text from the worksheet and review the answers
- Activity assumes readers have finished chapters eight and nine of Where the Red Fern Grows
- Includes model questions and responses for learners
- Contains handouts that clarify each type of question, an answer key, and an assessment to check for understanding