The story of "Once Upon a Dime" starts like any other fairy tale, but it quickly becomes a story about the value of money and the economic system commonly used before it. Presented as a cartoon, the resource consists of dialogue between various characters. Middle schoolers and high school scholars alike read through the content and become economic experts in no time!
- Highlight important terms for English learners
- After reading the cartoon, assign pupils to role play their own bartering scenarios and compare them to how they normally buy things
- Requires computer or tablet access to read the eBook
- Additional lesson plan resources available for both middle school and high school classes
- Engages students easily with colorful images
- Makes reading fun by using witty captions
- Explains concepts with relevant plot points