This Not So Fair and Balanced: Analyzing Bias in the Media lesson plan also includes:
Life is not always fair. Who's heard that before? This same concept moves to a larger scale using prejudice and bias. Pupils discuss where prejudice attitudes derive and how they develop throughout life. Reading comprehension advertisement activities depict the unfairness in media to support their findings.
- Ask guest speakers that have experienced prejudiced or bias against them to visit
- Assumes students have dictionaries to look up terms
- Requires pictures of babies of various ethnicities for analyzing
- Participants need Internet access for day two
- Scholars have opportunities to discuss with various classmates
- Does not give anticipated answers