This Looking and Learning in the Art Museum — Lesson 3 lesson plan also includes:
Curator, artist, art handler, archivist, conservator-restorer, guide. Who would have thought there were so many different kinds of museum professionals? After a visit to an art museum, class members reflect on the role of the museum in society and research the responsibilities of the various museum professionals.
- If not possible to visit a local museum, check out the dozens of virtual tours available on the Internet
- Although designed to accompany a visit to the J. Paul Gerry Museum in Los Angeles, the lessons could be easily adapted to any art museum
- Third in a sequential 3-lesson unit
- Presumes class members have visited a museum
- Requires copies of the museum's mission statement
- Includes activities designed specifically for 6–8 and 9–12 grade classes