This Light Bulb Challenge activity & project also includes:
Efficiency equals money where homes are concerned. A comparative lesson asks learners to measure heat output of incandescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs. They follow their investigation with calculating the cost of using the two types of bulbs.
- Expand the experiment to include different types and sizes of light bulbs
- Expects the use of simple formulas and calculations
- Consider doing the experiment before students to understand any challenges they may face
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Emphasizes scientific concepts throughout the lesson guide
- Includes tips to help prepare for the lesson