This Building Better Buses: Transportation Design Challenges lesson plan also includes:
Scholars learn about a series of three challenges when they design a bus system for a small town. They determine the bus routes and then figure out the best type of fuel to use before considering the cost of going electric. Learners balance cost, time efficiency, pollution, and more throughout each group challenge in the fourth lesson plan on Exploring Energy in the 13-part series.
- Extend the lesson by researching the local bus system or school bus system and the type of fuel they use
- Play another public transportation game, similar to the first challenge in this lesson here
- Relies on prior knowledge from the previous lessons in the series
- Offers possible solutions for each challenge
- Includes many great resources for learning more about city transportation planning
- Designed for Common Core Math Standards and Next Generation Science Standards